My first thought on seeing this absolutely gorgeous photo of 61-year-old Andie MacDowell (yep, 61) was, “I’ll have what she’s having”.
And while that power blazer (and equally knockout pants) may not be the entire reason for the Four Weddings & A Funeral actor’s overall joie de vivre and enviable style vibes, it’s certainly going a long way to help.
What exactly elevates a blazer from ordinary to “power” status? In MacDowell’s case, it’s texture (tweed), a punchy check weave and subtle ’90s notes in the form of structured shoulders and double-breasted design – with added “business” from the flap pockets.
* What she wore: Why Naomi Watts looked ace in black lace
* What she wore: Dress like Heidi Klum on the school run
* What she wore: How to achieve Charlize Theron’s balance of edgy and sleek
* What she wore: How to pull off Priyanka Chopra-style florals
* What she wore: Amanda Seyfried shows why its okay to be a scarlet woman
* What she wore: How to do laidback luxe like Jennifer Lawrence
To step out with star appeal equal to MacDowell’s, finish with a pop of peachy lip colour, perfectly manicured tresses and a strong brow look.